Benzoin Resin, also known as Styrax, is an extremely precious resin, used by Witches, Mages and Priests since antiquity. Personally, this is my favourite resin. Witches used it for all Blessing Rituals. Probably because of its association with the Sun and the solar entities.
Difference between Benzoin (also known as Styrax) and Storax (also known as Black Styrax)
- There is an important difference which makes many Witches dizzy. As the names look similar, many Witches have confused the two important ingredients. Therefore, the name Styrax as some point meant two different things. Now, you should ALWAYS check what is really the ingredient you buy. For the spiritual results were considered completely different.
- Benzoin’s precious resin (Styrax) is produced from tropical trees in the genus Styrax.
- Not to be confused with Black Styrax or Storax (which comes from Liquidambar orientalis).
Benzoin Resin & Witchcraft
Witches have been using this amazing resin for many Reasons.
- Due to it’s ‘sun-light’ association, benzoin helps the witch vibrate higher. This is exactly the reason why it is used to summon the Forces of the Sun.
- Furthermore, it was believed a perfect ingredient to Summon the Angels. Not only did witches believe that Benzoin invited the Angels but also helped them stay.
- Therefore, Witches used it to bless the House.
- If Witches believed that a house was infested by dark forces, they blended equal parts of Benzoin with Dragon’s Blood resin. Then, they burned it on charcoal while calling the Angels or Solar Deities like Ra, or Bennu (sacred Phoenix).
- Moreover, Witches used Benzoin to unblock their path. Especially when they believed that bad luck was after them, they used this amazing Resin to reverse it.
- Finally, it was used in aura repairing rituals and spells.
Each bag contains 50g of pine resin to be used as incense over a charcoal disc.